What a week!

English only this time because I'm kinda tired, exhausted and I'm already writing some essays in English so this comes more naturally at the moment. I hope you don't mind.

Last week and the weekend before that were weird, in a good and in a bad way. 

Predator’s lip got swollen on Friday and looked really nasty. We didn’t think it was anything super serious, so we decided to wait till Monday to call the vet.


There was a lovely wedding at Teurastamo (the former Helsinki abattoir from 1933 formed into a melting pot of food and urban culture – a meat district of sort but serves more than just meat) on Saturday. On the way home Taa and our taxi driver helped some poor drunk man who fell and hit his head on the pavement. I think he might have gotten a small concussion and broken his nose but otherwise he seemed fine according to Taa. Well, we’ll never know. An ambulance came and that’s where my knowledge ends. 

I myself got the hugest blisters of which one is still healing. I know blisters are nothing compared to a broken nose and a concussion, but hey, they hurt nonetheless. The reason for my blisters weren't the shoes. The shoes were fine. Nothing wrong with the shoes! Should have just used socks or stockings because the weather was very sweaty and my feet kept gliding all over the place which of course leads to blisters. Should have known that but I guess you can't predict everything.


Then we made a trip to Häme to celebrate my nephew’s 5th birthday. Mom gave me 5 jars of jam and I don’t know what to eat with it. What do you eat with rhubarb-gooseberry-apple or cherry-raspberry jam? I’ve now eaten them with viili but it gets boring fast. The translator says that viili is “Nordic kind of sour milk” but I’d call it sour yogurt.


My sister also borrowed my camera to take like 100 pictures of her toes. I'm sure she took those pictures just to get them featured here but was just too shy to ask. So here you go sis. ♥


Anyways. Then it was Monday and school started once again. My schedule feels manageable, I’m getting enough points, and everything has gone as I’ve planned so far. Though some teachers still give me headache with their attitude, communication and English skills – it’s like listening to a Finnish rally legends. Also some drama has occurred between my classmates and I'm more than baffled by the lack of computer skills of my fellow students at Photoshop course. But otherwise I’m really digging this period so far.


So, I’m doing fine. Predator on the other hand… I called the vet on Monday because I didn’t want to risk any severe infections. We got a time for Tuesday and it went as expected, which means pretty bad. Predator hates travelling, and he loathes the veterinarian. There were some… actually, a lot of hissing, growling, sharp nails and biting attempts but the veterinarian managed to examine him without giving him any sedatives. It turned out that at least one tooth had to be removed. He suffers from Periodontal disease (Parodontiitti in Finnish), which we already knew, and a hit from a cabinet door had loosened his lower canine tooth and the gum got inflamed. I'm so glad I called.


So here we are now, one tooth poorer. Tomorrow we'll have to go see the vet again because the gum is still bleeding, but otherwise Predator's doing great. The painkiller is a hit and he would eat the whole bottle if he could.

I'm really hoping for a less drama for the following next at least two weeks.

How about you? Have you managed to stay drama free? Lost any teeth lately? Or does you sister fill your camera with pictures of her toes? And with what do you eat your jam?!

Comments

  1. Eipä ole ikinä tullut mieleenikään pyytää hampaita mukaan eläinlääkäristä! Epäilen tosin että meidän kollilla on niin tuhoutuneet yksilöt etteivät olisi nättejä koristeita. Toipumisia Predatorille!

    Ps. Draama on hanurista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roottori kiittää!
      Mä pyysin omat visurinikin mukaan lääkäristä joten älysin sillä tuotakin pyytää. Harmittaa vaan kauheasti että noin siisti hammas oli pakko poistaa ylipäänsä.

      Delete

Post a Comment